Friday night, I went out with one of our neighbors here in the apartment complex that I live in and of course, we were out until the wee hours of the morning (which I've decided I'm too old for haha). I managed to get up early on Saturday (by early I mean 11am as this time allowed me 6.5 hours of sleep) and was very productive. I did some laundry, washed the dishes, swept and mopped the floors, ate lunch, and called Pedro with my first medical problem. Earlier this week, I went to the gym and lifted really more than I should have. I was working with a trainer who I didn't want to have thinking I was weak as I have a tendency to be somewhat prideful at times, and I simply went too hard. The next day I was very sore, and the next, and the next. However, by Saturday, my left forarm and elbow were not only sore, but also swollen twice the normal size and tingly. Pedro invited me to see his sister, who is a doctor, after joining he and his family for Marcelo's four-year old's birthday party. I was prescribed stronger anti-inflammatories, and I think the swelling has gone down significantly. Today is the first day since Wednesday that I have been fully able to extend my left arm haha. That'll teach me to lighten the load at the gym when I know I am out of shape!
Today I was invited by Samanta and Mario to visit their new home in Laranjal which was very beautiful and I'm excited to see what it will look like when they are all settled into it. Mario made his famous churrasco and I agreed that it was very good; I especially like the linguisa (sausage). Samanta, Manuela, and I went to walk down the beach and see the sights. The flowers along the way are very beautiful and I snapped several pictures. Later, we went to the pandaeria (bakery) for some fresh bread, ham, and cheese. I learned that it is common for people to have 4-5 meals a day here. So at around 5ish we had a cafe da tarde (afternoon breakfast or basically a snack). I learned a few of the names of things in the bakery and am looking forward to trying to buy something by myself in a bakery soon. I got a little sunburnt today hanging out by their pool but a little color never hurt anyone and I'm hoping to darken up a little bit. I really enjoyed spending time with the family today and met Mario and Samanta's two daughters, Manuela and Marina, and also Mario's mother, and Samanta's parents, sister, brother-in-law, and niece. I love how families get together here on the weekends and think that that piece of the culture is often missing in America.
This upcoming week will certainly bring new experiences, and I will be sure to give everyone the updates next weekend! On Sunday, I will be travelling to Florianapolis and may be a day or two behind on the blog but will do my best to maintain consistency and post on Sunday.
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário