It rained here on Tuesday morning and I decided to work from home until it stopped since I don't have an umbrella. Sometime around 10:30 it stopped so I decided to go into the office. Of course, as is always the way things happen, I got no more than a few steps outside before it started pouring again. I ran to find shelter under a gas station awning and waited about 5 minutes for the condition to change. When it didn't, I grew impatient and ran the rest of the way to the center. I guess now thinking back on the situation, I rather liked the feeling of rain on my face as it didn't rain once in months in Texas. I almost forgot what it was like to see storm clouds, hear thunder, and jump puddles in the street.
That same day, Ana invited me to her home for lunch. I met her son, Rafael, daughter, Duda (who is SO cute!), husband, Andre, and her dogs. Lunch was delicious, and it was fun to meet her family and play with the puppies. We had salad, beans, rice, a yummy beef dish, and peaches for dessert. To follow, I had some Twinnings tea. After lunch, we took Duda back to her school, and I went inside to drop her off in her classroom. The school was very nice with a large gymnasium and plenty of room for the kids to play. It was cool to see an example of what a school looks like for children here. Thanks Ana for having me over!
The rest of the week passed smoothly and with little to write home about. Friday night, I went out with Andreia, Renata, Mateus, and Filipe to a bar/club in Laranjal called Moa. We arrived sometime around 11:30/midnight and were nearly the first people there. By 3:30am when we left, we were among the first to go. Its nuts how late "parties" start here! I was in a rather goofy mood that night and sometime around 2ish I thought it would be a good idea to break away from the gizillion people dancing and bumping into us to jump on the stage (about a foot and half higher than the floor) and dance up there by myself. I was up there for, I don't know..., maybe 5 seconds but that was long enough for security to come over and post a man on that corner of the stage to ensure no one else got the hairbrained idea to jump up there and act a fool. I would definitely say that I was in rare form that night in that I wasn't concerned one bit about how others might've perceived me haha. I was undoubtedly missing Bianca, my #1 Partner in Crime, especially when they played Soulja Boy's Superman song. I laughed out loud remembering her and Libby trying to teach me the dance and remembering Mrs. Guidry dancing to that song at Toy's wedding! Towards the end of the night, we ran into another friend, Mariana, and really had a good time. I was exhausted on Saturday though and spent much of the day recooperating from being up so late.
I've been running almost every day here and am regaining some cardio endurance little by little. Maybe this week I'll check out a gym to vary my workouts to include some strength training.
Lastly, Grandma is still improving and under the best of care in a top stroke facility. I've talked with Roy via Skype several times this week and am glad that technology allows me to stay connected. More prayers for her recovery as we are all convinced that it is helping. Winston is also improving but will hopefully see a vet this week for a check-up to find out if we should be giving him any other treatments. He still walks a little awkwardly on his back legs but doesn't seem to be in any pain which is very positive.
Only 19 days left until Aaron gets here! (Thanks Haley for going to the consulate for us) I'm really looking forward to our Brazilian Christmas. As for this next week, I'm not sure what if any adventures I'll get into, but I'll be sure to give updates next weekend!
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário